Asus is now rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo via an over-the-air update to the ZenFone 4 Pro, according to a new community forum post.
The update comes as part of Asus’ effort to update its entire ZenFone 3 and 4 lineup to Android Oreo. The ZenFone 4 was updated in December, while the ZenFone 3 got its update in January.
The version number is V15.0410.1802.34 and the full change log is as follows:
- Upgrade to Android O
- Power consumption improvement
- Adds “Long screenshot” function
- Substitute Cast function for PlayTo function
- After OS upgrade, launcher has some important changes – swipe up to all apps, all app icon could be changed
- More friendly setting UI design
The jump to Android Oreo brings with it better background activity management for apps, picture-in-picture video viewing, notification dots and new emoji, among other things.
Those who haven’t received a notification about the update yet can manually access it by going to ‘Settings’ > ‘About’ > ‘System Update.’
Asus has noted that all third and fourth generation ZenFone devices will be updated by the second half of 2018.
The post Android 8.0 Oreo is now rolling out to the Asus ZenFone 4 Pro appeared first on MobileSyrup.